You’ll Bat an Eye Over Your Lashes
- Posted on: Jan 15 2018
Thinning eyelashes are a bummer, and what can you do about them? You can apply pounds of mascara, or you can go with fake eyelashes. But those could leave you looking like some B movie queen whose latest film will be part of a triple feature at a Raleigh drive-in.
If only you could grow your beautiful eyelashes again… You can with Latisse®, the eyelash growth system offered by Dr. Puente.
What is Latisse®?
Latisse® is the first of its kind eyelash growth system. It is a prescription treatment that is applied to the upper lashes once daily to stimulate the lashes to grow naturally, giving you the thick, long lashes you’ve always wanted.
How does it work?
As with many scientific discoveries, the discovery of Latisse® was accidental. Scientists at Allergan (the company behind Botox) were working on an eye drop to relieve intraocular pressure in the eye. When test subjects were using the eye drops, they reported that their eyelashes grew during the study. As a response, the company began testing the active ingredient, bimatoprost, specifically for growing eyelashes. It is believed that the bimatoprost increases the anagen phase (that’s the growth phase) of the eyelashes. It proved effective, and the FDA approved it in December 2008.
But Latisse® isn’t an overnight sensation. You need to be disciplined. You apply the product nightly on the upper lash as if it were eyeliner. The bimatoprost in Latisse® stimulates the lashes to grow. The treatment works gradually, and your eyelashes will experience real growth over time, generally 12 to 16 weeks. But you must stay with it — once you start the treatment, the topical solution must be applied continuously each night until you achieve the desired results.
- Latisse®is the first and only eyelash growing system that is approved by the FDA.
- Latisse®improves the appearance of eyelashes through the extension of the hair growth cycle that results in longer, thicker, fuller eyelashes.
- Latisse®requires one application per day taking only a minute or so.
- Patients see improvement after four weeks of continuous treatment, with full results coming within 16 weeks.
- After discontinuing use, your lashes will gradually return to their pre-treatment appearance.
- Most patients see a 25% increase in lash length.
- Most patients experience a106% increase in lash thickness/fullness.
- Most patients see an18% increase in lash darkness.
Throw away the extra mascara and the fake eyelashes! Call Dr. Puente at Skin & Cosmetic Solutions, (919) 876-9576, and ask us about Latisse®!
Posted in: Latisse