Tend® Skin Products
Tend Skin® Liquid
No other product in the world can do all that Tend Skin® Liquid does, especially when it comes to ingrown hairs and razor bumps (Pseudofolliculitis barbae, PFB).
Razor Bumps (pseudofolliculitis barbae, pronounced “soo-doe-fol-li-cu-li’-tis”): Razor bumps are created when the growing beard hairs exit the skin, curl over, and burrow into the adjacent skin, resulting in an unsightly “bump”. Razor bumps form on the beard areas of men-mostly Black men and about 15-20% of Caucasian men. Occurrence varies with nationality.
Ingrown Hairs Ingrown hairs form when hairs, growing back after shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or other hair removal method, and fail to grow out of the skin. The hairs curl over inside the follicles under the skin (just like the “razor bump” hairs curl above the skin). By curling, then creates and unsightly “bump”.
Tend Skin 4 oz. $17.00
Tend Skin Roll-On Appl. System $17.00
The many uses of Tend Skin® Liquid
- Razor Bumps. Razor bumps (pseudofolliculitis barbae) occur on the faces of men with wiry, curly hair. 50-80% of African-American men and 15-20% of Caucasian men live with this problem on a daily basis. Beard hairs curl as they grow,and eventually burrow into skin adjacent to the hair follicle. Shaving sharpens the hair ends making it easier for them to penetrate into the skin. Razor bumps itch, burn, and make shaving impossible. Until now, only depilatories which burn and scar, and cortisone type creams have been available (cortisone cannot be used long term due to blood stream absorption and side effects.) When applied regularly, Tend Skin® Liquid effectively reduces appearance of unsightly razor bumps.
- Ingrown Hairs. Men and women suffer from ingrown hairs. Men get ingrown hairs on their beard areas. Women get them after shaving their legs, bikini lines, and underarms, as well as after waxing and electrolysis (Tend Skin® Liquid may be applied shortly after these procedures!). Ingrown hairs form after hairs have been cut or otherwise removed below the skin surface. As the hairs continue to grow, they curl over within the follicles and fail to exit to the surface. The result is an unsightly ingrown- hair- formed “bump” on the skin. Regular application of Tend Skin® Liquid will reduce appearance of existing ingrown hairs without tweezing for both men and women. There is no other product that will reduce appearance of ingrown hairs.
- Razor Burn. Applying Tend Skin® Liquid after shaving will reduce appearance of the noticeable redness that appears on the skin after shaving. This is great for women after shaving legs, bikini lines and underarms as well as for men who see redness after shaving their faces.
- Electrolysis/waxing. Applying Tend Skin® Liquid regularly to areas that are waxed or treated with electolysis will reduce the appearance of ingrown hair formation that occurs after these procedures. When used after waxing, Tend Skin Liquid reduces the appearance of any resulting redness within minutes
- Deodorant. Tend Skin® Liquid works as an extremely effective underarm deodorant in addition to reducing the appearance of skin redness and ingrown hairs.
- Foot deodorant. Try Tend Skin® Liquid on your feet before putting your shoes and socks on. It will prevent foot odor, as well as stop foot odor if applied at the time you remove your shoes.
- After Facials. Tend Skin® Liquid is used after facials to reduces appearance of “bump” formation after skin extraction procedures.
- Necktie Redness. Tend Skin® Liquid reduces the appearance of “cherry necks”. This term was invented by police officers who noticed their necks turned red where there was pressure from wearing a necktie after shaving.
- Ink Try a little Tend Skin® Liquid to remove ink from your skin!.
- Laser Hair Removal: Professionals doing Laser Hair Removal are reporting that Tend Skin® Liquid helps reduce the appearance of redness and next-day bumpiness as it does with other hair removal techniques. We advise not using it prior to Laser procedures as it may block the light from reaching into the follicles.
Precautions: Prior to Using TendSkin® Liquid
- Aspirin Allergy : Do not use Tend Skin® Liquid if you have a TRUE allergy. Symptoms of true allergy include itching, hives, redness, difficulty breathing. If aspirin ingestion upsets the stomach, this is not a true allergy.
- Pregnancy and Breast Feeding: Tend Skin® Liquid has not been tested on pregnant women, therefore we advise that pregnant women avoid use of this product without first checking with their physician.
- Children: KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN!
- Ingestion: Do not ingest Tend Skin® Liquid.
- Eyes: Do not get Tend Skin® Liquid in eyes. Severe stinging will occur. Flush with lots of running water.
- Test Patch
- The first time you use Tend Skin® Liquid BEFORE any hair removal procedure, test a small area for five minutes.
- Repeat this test AGAIN after waxing, shaving, epilating, laser hair removal or electrolysis. You should perform a test patch on a small area of skin that has just undergone hair removal. Wait five minutes to insure that no adverse reaction occurs. Reactions may be in response to multiple product interactions, wax that is too warm, or poor hair removal technique that damages the skin
- NOTE: If you have skin sensitivities to other products, please test a small area for 15-20 minutes before using extensively.
- Loofah Pads: We recommend that Tend Skin® Liquid not be used on skin within 48 hours after scrubbing with Loofah pads or Buff Puffs,. Using all of these together may cause burning of the skin and increased ingrown hair formation.
- Use with Exfoliants: Do not use Tend Skin® Liquid within one month (or until you are advised by your doctor after having an exfoliant treatment(AHA’s, Glycolic’s, Accutane) in a salon or doctors office. The combination of agents can lead to chemical burning of the skin.
Precautions: During Application
- Wet Skin: Tend Skin® Liquid should only be applied to dry skin. Wet skin may cause the product to sting.
- Facial Application: Apply Tend Skin® Liquid after facial hair removal in a very thin layer. The entire face can be done using one end of cotton tipped applicator wetted only once with Tend Skin® Liquid. Keep it very thin! Facial hairs are thicker than body hair. There removal causes larger wounds which leads to more of a stinging feeling when using the product.
- Chin Hair Problems: We recommend that chin hairs (or any hairs!) NOT be tweezed. This usually makes the problem of ingrown hairs in this area worse. We advise seeking electrolysis for permanent hair removal. Tweezing can cause scarring and infection. Do not use Tend Skin® Liquid immediately after tweezing chin hair as it may temporarily aggravate the irritation.
***BE CAREFUL ABOUT NOT SPILLING Tend Skin® Liquid***
- Dye Removal: Tend Skin® Liquid can remove dye from clothing and carpeting. Keep away from color sensitive materials!
- Woodwork and Leather: Do not spill Tend Skin® Liquid on wooden furniture or leather goods. Tend Skin® Liquid will dissolve most wood finishes, and will leach dye from leather. Both the woodwork and the leather will need replacing.