Restylane® Keeps Adding New Products
- Posted on: Mar 15 2018
If you’re reading our Skin & Cosmetic Solutions blog, you’re probably well versed in the aesthetic industry. So, here’s a question to see just how well versed.
What was the first dermal filler?
Stumped you, eh? That would be Restylane®. Restylane® was first approved by the FDA for use in the U.S. in 2006. Along with Juvederm, Restylane® is one of the world’s most popular fillers. And, like Juvederm, the Restylane® line keeps expanding.
Dr. Puente offers the Restylane filler line for his patients.
A “natural” filler
You’ve surely heard of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for plumping and firming the skin. It does this by binding with nearby water molecules. Because it is made from hyaluronic acid, Restylane® (and Juvederm) is designated as a “natural” filler. Other fillers such as Sculptra are “synthetic” fillers.
Here are the various Restylane® fillers
The Restylane® has continued to expand, with different products targeted to different specific issues with facial volume.
- Restylane® — This was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler, and is still very popular across the globe. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane-L® — Restylane-L is Restylane® with Lidocaine added for comfort.
- Restylane®Silk — Restylane® Silk is an alternative to Juvederm Volbella. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane®Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. It is an alternative to Juvederm® Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane®Refyne —Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This new addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane®Defyne Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
Do you have some areas where you’d like to add or return some volume? Restylane® is a good option. Call the team at Skin & Cosmetic Solutions, 919-876-9576, to schedule an appointment or with any questions you may have.
Posted in: Injectables